Become a Partner
Northwest Youth Corps operates in partnership with various project sponsors across the region including the USDA Forest Service, National Park Service, Bureau of Land Management, US Fish and Wildlife Service, state parks and recreation, department of forestry, county parks departments, city park departments, electric/water companies, other non-profits, and private land managers.
What kind of work can conservation crews do?
- Fuels Reduction
- Trail Construction/Maintenance.
- Hiking/OHV Bridges
- Invasive Species Removal.
- Fencing (buck and pole, barbed wire
- Facilities Maintenance
- Intensive Campground Maintenance
- Trail Structures (turnpikes, punchions, ect.)
Youth crews are a very efficient use of your project dollars!
Independent research (Booze Allen Hamilton - 2011) found that when comparing conservation crews work to that of other entities:
- Using conservations corps instead of agency (NPS) crews saved, on average 65%;
- We're easy to work with; on-site project modifications are never a problem.
- Using conservation corps instead of contractor crews had an average savings of 83%;
- Conservation crews bring a minimum financial match of 25% t o your projects, and can also leverage third-party grant funding to help increase the scope of your projects.
How much supervision is required?
NYC crews are almost entirely turn-key, providing their own tools, insurance, vehicle, equipment, and leadership. NYC staff develop detailed project specifications and arrive prepared to meet partner’s specific requirements. Partners often make quick visits to crews to discuss the importance of the projects effective stewardship, of public lands. While NYC encourage this interaction, direct contact with crews at the discretion of the agency partners.
When you hire an NYC crew we come ready to get the job done! We provide...
Each year NYC crews work on more than 50 Forest Service Ranger Districts, 6 BLM Districts, 4 National Parks, multiple USFWS Refuges, and dozens of local municipalities and private land managers. We are proud of our reputation for hard working crews and top quality work. If you have questions, we would be happy to put you in touch with previous sponsors in your area.
For information on becoming a partner please contact:
Conservation Corps Director,