Community Volunteer Ambassadors
Offering year-long internships in National Parks focusing on community engagement.
Community Volunteer Ambassadors (CVA) serve with the National Park Service in field offices across the country working to engage diverse groups in volunteerism, service-learning, and community activities. As a CVA, you will help grow volunteer programs in National Parks, build new community partnerships, and promote the NPS.
Benefits of the Internship:
- 50 week length, full time
- $440 per week living allowance
- One week expense-paid training at the beginning of the internship
- Obtain on-the-ground education and work experience
- Gain a sense of stewardship of public lands, and complete meaningful projects in our National Parks
- Health Insurance
- AmeriCorps Education Award
- Training and Member Support
Example CVA projects include:
- Plan service events to celebrate national days associated with volunteerism
- Expand a weekly volunteer program
- Help promote volunteerism in the park using Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter accounts
- Help conduct outreach by contacting schools, clubs, companies and military for groups volunteer events
Ideal qualities for candidates:
- Ages 21 – 30 with a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Has had leadership experience in a job or extracurricular activity
- Comfortable leading groups outside
- Strong interpersonal skills and self motivated
The parks listed below have few applicants and most include housing, applying to these parks might improve your chances at getting a position.
- Valles Caldera National Preserve (NM)
- Richmond National Battlefield (VA)
- Indiana Dunes National Lakeshore (IN)
- Big Thicket National Preserve (TX)
- Sagamore Hill National Historic Site (NY)
- Everglades National Park (FL)
- Glen Canyon National Recreation Area (UT)
- Big South Fork National River and Recreation Area - Obed Wild and Scenic River
- Little Rock Central High School National Historic Site (AR)
- Chesapeake and Ohio Canal National Historical Park (MD, VA)
- First State National Historical Park (DE)
- Jefferson National Expansion Memorial (MO)
- Keweenaw National Historical Park (MI)
- River Raisin National Battlefield Park (MI)
CVA is in Partnership with Stewards Program
For information on the CVA Program contact:
Click the button below to go to the application.
“Please submit your completed Application by
November 6th pushed back to Nov. 20th, Applications will continue to remain open until all position are filled.
Note: CVA Applicants only need the following- an NYC profile, a resume, and 1 cover letter per park preference (maximum of 3).